Anthony Haynes writes: This page provides links to practical resources covering such matters as talent acquisition, talent management, and human capital. If you’d like to recommend a resource for us to link to, do please contact me.
Links to practical resources
- Recruitment marketing — Tony Restell on deciding on the right mix.
- Choosing a hiring partner — from by ProZen Consulting on Better Projects
- Recruiting active vs passive candidates by Jen Pickard on Talent Blog
- 8 steps for approaching passive candidates on socialtalent.
- Writing job descriptions — tips from Alison Hadden
- Writing a stand-out job description — guidance from Rebecca Clausen on the Nationwideinbound blog
- Advice from Juliet Wilson on creating applications forms: here.
- 15 employer branding best practices by Brett Minchington on Recruiting Intelligence
- Building a compelling employer brand by Real Staffing
- Ethical due diligence in hiring and assessing employees by CGMA
- 5 ways your organization can avoid negative applicant reactions by Misan Omagbitse on ThePeppy HR Girl
- Who takes care of your employee experience? by Thomas Maeder
- Strategies for retaining employees and minimizing turnover by Sarah. K. Yasinski on HR.BLR.com
- The 6 steps for retaining good employees by Elena Bajic on Forbes
- Top 10 ways to retain great employees by Susan M. Heathfield on About Money
- From job satisfaction to engagement by Kajsa Asplund
- Simple no-cost tool for employee retention by Rachel Beider, published by Inc
- Indicators of poor morale on the ADP blog
- How to give an effective performance review by Nicole Davidson
- Improving employee collaboration by Robert L. Cross and others in McKinsey Quarterly
- Engagement: what it is and what it’s not by Kajsa Asplund
- Remote working: dealing with the causes of stress: report by Siobhan McKeown of Human Made
- Ten career coaching tips on Career Passion Yogi
- Caroline Simard et al., Climbing the technical ladder: obstacles and solutions for mid-level women in technology (report in PDF)
- Nathan Potter, Engineering ladders (blog post)
- ADP by ADP. Occasional pieces on talent management as well as other HR topics, sometimes with a data theme.
- Ceridian Human capital management by Ceridian: strong on ways to improve productivity, including use of technology, employee engagement, and talent strategy
- Centrepoint of view by Centrepoint Career Management: ‘career inspiration, advice and growth strategies for business leaders and professionals’
- hrandtalent by The Talent Company: substantial and well-informed posts on topics that matter
- Featured Book of the Month by Parkside Consulting Group: reviews of resources about talent acquisition, talent management, and leadership
- kjasaasplund.com: posts, often research-based, on talent management and organisational management from a psychological perspective
- Karen Gately on HR, career development, and leadership
- Musings on an Occ Geek: Maria Garner on occupational psychology
- The Right Team Writes by Right Management: ‘a forum…to share our best thinking on talent and career management’
- Talent Talk by NAS Recruitment Innovation on HR communication and employment branding