Anthony Haynes writes: This page is dedicated to the development of a virtual library of resources for job candidates. It provides links to practical resources on, for example:
- job searching;
- job applications;
- career development.
If you would like to recommend a resource to link to, do please contact me.
- For content on our own blog providing practical guidance on career development, click on ‘career development’ in the list of categories (found on each page of the blog).
- How to explain your career transition by Dorie Clark (HBR Blog Network).
- What makes a good candidate — a recruiter’s perspective from The Hire Alternative.
- 8 ways to work with recruiters by Undercover Recruiter.
- 10 types of employees that HR secretly hates by Suzanne Lucas
- The brand called you by Tom Peters (Fast Company)
- Perfecting your personal pitch by Jim Sniechowski
- The top 100 websites for your career from Forbes magazine
- Giving a presentation from Frontinus Ltd
- 8 career fair myths and realities uncovered by SourcingAdda
- ‘How to get your CV right: 9 top tips‘ by Mary Hope (published on Undercover Recruiter).
- ‘Top ten tips for resume writing‘ from EffortlessHR blog.
- ‘Using a CV infographic‘ from TinyCV blog.
- ‘How to build the perfect LinkedIn profile‘ by @GerryMoran (published on MarketingThink.com).
- How to add a CV in PDF to your LinkedIn profile by Katharine O’Moore-Klopf.
- Further tips on LinkedIn profiles by Bob McIntosh (on Things Career Related).
- ‘Cover letters: top 10 tips‘ by Chris Martin (on ComeRecommended).
- Four common mistakes in job interviews by Dr Janina Steinmetz on The Conversation
- Our own guide to being interviewed is here: https://fjwilsontalent.com/2014/12/18/being-interviewed-a-resource/.
- ‘Candidates kiss goodbye to interview opportunities‘ (published on Recruitment Buzz).
- A straightforward way to structure the stories you use to answer interview questions, by Michaela Partridge (on Social-Hire).
- Video interviews – dos and don’ts by talview123
- How to have a successful Skype or virtual interview, by Laura Myers
- Career planning by Michael Moran (on 10 Eighty).
- Roadmap to a job – a 10 point plan by PushCVco
- ‘Eight excellent reasons to hang on to a job you hate‘ by Sarah Butcher (on eFinancialCareers)
- 10 reasons to quit your job as son as you possibly can by Jeff Haden (on Inc)
- Refreshing your career by Marla Gottschalk
- How to make the most of your transition between jobs by Iwona Tokc-Wilde on AAT Comment
- Moving jobs — how often is to often? by Iwona Tokc-Wilde
Leaving a job (?)
- Questions to ask yourself before you leave a job by Chrissy Scivicque on (Careerrealism).
- How to quit your job by Rebecca Knight (Harvard Business Review)
- The right way to leave a job by Michelle Rao (on Coffee Shop HR).
- Leaving on ChristopherinHR.
- How to leave a job by Ron Ashkenas (on Forbes)
- 5 ways to make working from home work by Marcia Jacquette