Anthony Haynes writes: We’re pleased to publish below the details of the vacancy in our team for a Business Development Executive.
|FJWilson Talent Services (FJWTS) provides recruitment and search services to professional membership organisations, awarding bodies, and learning providers.
We wish to hire a Business Development Executive (BDE). The main function of this post is to develop, through telesales, new business from our core market, namely the professional bodies sector in the UK.
This is a full-time, permanent, role. The post-holder will be home-based, with one day a month working with your line-manager in a London office.
Who we are
We are a boutique talent company working in UK markets. We deal with executive, senior, and mid-level appointments. Our clients include AAT, CIOT, ACCA, the Institute of Customer Service, ICE, LIBF, IFoA, CIPS, CMI, CII, RIBA, the Open University, and RTPI.
Our vision is inspired by the story of Sophie Macpherson’s success with SML, a talent company in a parallel sector (the art world). If you’d like to apply for this role, please take time to read Sophie’s story so that you can see where we’re heading. The story is available here: https://londonlovesbusiness.com/how-a-gallery-assistant-with-no-future-built-a-global-recruitment-empire/.
We are already successful: despite starting in the recession (2009) we have established a persistent record of strong growth. We’re also ambitious: our vision is to become the undisputed go-to agency whenever a professional membership organisation, awarding body or learning provider is recruiting at the levels we deal with.
Our ambition is founded on the fact that we have identified strengths that make us distinctive. These are itemised on our home page, fjwilson.com.
What the BDE role entails
The goal of the role is to acquire new clients in this sector to place their executive, senior, and mid-level job vacancies with us.
The BDE will work with external stakeholders (principally, prospective clients) and with FJWTS’s employees and associates.
Regarding the external work, the BDE will be expected to (a) maintain a high rate of outbound sales activity, (b) gain the attention of prospective clients ─ at the appropriate level of decision-maker, (c) produce a sales pipeline of prospective clients for us to close and (d) develop an understanding of clients’ needs in order to qualify opportunities so that effective briefs can be taken by our staff. Typical means for fulfilling these requirements include pursuing (a) a weekly list of sales leads and (b) a quarterly list of top prospects.
Regarding the internal work, the BDE will be expected to (a) record sales activity on our database(s) and generate internal reports as required, (b) liaise (remotely and face-to-face) regularly and accurately with other members of our team, (c) efficiently handle routine and ad hoc administration, and (d) assist our senior managers with forecasting sales.
To help you fulfil these functions, we will provide initial training, and on-going coaching, direction, and support once you have been on-boarded.
Parameters and requirements
The post is permanent and full-time. The role requires 40 hours work per week, Monday−Friday. The precise times may be negotiated to mutual benefit, provided they fall within the hours of 08:00−18:00.
The post-holder will be home-based, with one day a month working with your line-manager in a London office for your 1:1 performance review and coaching. In between, you will communicate on a regular basis with your manager (and other team members) via our preferred video platform (currently Zoom), our preferred collaboration tool (currently Trello) and telephone.
You’ll be required to take responsibility, and work with a good deal of autonomy, from the outset.
Essential attributes include the following:
- Successful experience of out-bound telesales
- Commercial approach
- Customer-centred focus
- Drive to meet targets
- Ability to thrive under pressure
- Professional manner when communicating with external stakeholders (notably clients and prospective clients) and, internally, with colleagues and associates
- Ability and willingness to work remotely (typically from home) and to organise and motivate yourself whilst doing so
It’s also essential that you have a suitably professional working environment so that work can be separated from domestic life and comparable interruptions.
Desirable attributes include:
- Experience of recruitment or search
Additional requirements include:
- Proof of the permanent right to work in the UK ─ we will need to be able to verify this prior to commencement of employment
- Satisfactory employment references
- Own laptop and phone (business-related costs will be reimbursed)
- Ability and willingness to travel to monthly review meeting/working day in London, for which travel costs will be reimbursed
The package offered includes:
- Competitive basic salary, plus uncapped commission scheme
- Opportunity to work flexibly
- Company pension (NEST)
- Enhancement of the statutory holiday entitlement for all employees, by 1 day per year of service (after the first full year of service) up to a maximum of 10 additional days (i.e., awarded in the 11th year of service)
- Your birthday off work, as paid leave (or the closest working day if the birthday falls on a day that is not usually worked)
- Eye tests: employees can be reimbursed for an annual eye test (up to £30) and lenses up to the value of £50 if needed for computer use at work
- Team-wide training/professional development days
- Professional membership subscription fees to a professional body where membership is a requirement of your role
- A ‘happiness and well-being day’ (including up to £100 spend)
As a company we encourage continuous professional development and, where appropriate, may consider offering financial support provided the training will demonstrably bring some tangible benefit to the business. The company will also consider supporting your CPD with paid study leave.
Applying for this post
Please send your CV and a brief covering letter to email@example.com.
No terminology in this advertisement is intended to discriminate on the grounds of sex, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability or age. We will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community. Furthermore, all qualifications listed are indicative and we confirm that we are willing to accept applications from persons holding equivalent qualifications.