As a result of our sustained growth, we have a vacancy for a Resourcing Manager as a newly created role.
The person appointed will be responsible for ensuring that our clients’ vacancies are fully understood, resourced and successfully filled within the agreed time frame.
The work will be predominantly home-based, though with a requirement to work one day per week in either central London or Guildford.
For details, see below or download the document attached here: 22 Sep 17 Resourcing Manager 004.
The closing date for applications is 17.00, 26 October, 2017.
Details of role
Role: Resourcing Manager
Line Manager: Managing Director
Location: Home-based office. One day must be worked on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday from a central London/Guildford office
Basic Salary: £38,000─£45,000 per annum (prorated if part-time)
Hours of work: Full-time 5 days a week (option also available to work full-time hours over 4 days, or a 4-day week)
Contract type: Permanent
Benefits: Generous commission rates available − details will be provided
Established in 2009, FJWilson Talent Services (FJWTS) is a UK based-talent company providing recruitment services to professional associations, membership organisations and learning providers.
We deal with mid, senior and executive appointments and we work on permanent and fixed-term assignments.
Our vision is to be the ‘go-to agency’ for senior appointments when a professional association, membership organisation, or learning provider is recruiting.
The post-holder will be mainly based from home and will need to be within commutable distance to London.
What makes us different
- Our expertise in our specialist market ─ professional associations, membership organisations, and learning providers. We have specialist networks and a highly qualified database of both active and passive senior candidates. We also understand how to effectively search the marketplace for candidates from both within and outside the sector.
- Our candidate-centric model: we can speak with candidates not only within traditional working hours, but also before or after work or at weekends.
- Our discretion: Only senior, highly experienced, team members approach and interact with candidates. This helps to ensure confidentiality on search assignments, including the most sensitive.
- Our continuity management: Every client and shortlisted candidate we work with is provided with two contacts at FJWTS. This helps us to provide business continuity to manage contingencies day-to-day, as well as during holidays and any unplanned absence.
- Our senior business experience: Role briefings are only ever taken by a headhunter or resourcing manager who has senior business/leadership experience themselves. This enables peer-to-peer, consultative, interactions with our clients up to (and including) C-Suite level.
Overview of the position
The Resourcing Manager is responsible for ensuring that our clients’ vacancies are fully understood, resourced and successfully filled within the agreed time frame.
- Client Management
This role is directly responsible for liaison with designated clients and for overseeing the management of a vacancy from start to finish, as follows:
- Working with an existing client, or with our Business Development team who introduce a new client to you
- Arranging and attending briefing/debriefing meetings with Hiring Managers as required (face to face; video meetings; phone calls)
- Documenting the vacancy brief against the role on our database RSS
- Negotiating and agreeing appropriate timelines based on supply of candidates in the market and other factors that affect the supply of candidates such as geographical location;
- Negotiating and agreeing the most appropriate recruitment service for each vacancy and agreeing recruitment fees and any additional assignment costs such as psychometrics, etc. (unless this has already been actioned by the Managing Director or Business Development team)
- Introducing our Head of Assessment to scope and cost any psychometric requirements. Agreeing delivery timelines with our Head of Assessment and involving them as necessary in all subsequent client communications
- Ensuring that all relevant detail is gathered for the Service Delivery team; where necessary introducing our Service Delivery Manager to finesse any specifics with the client.
- Devising a plan of action to deliver candidates for the vacancy
- Advising clients based on industry knowledge and experience
- Liaising with the client throughout the recruitment process, ensuring that they are updated with progress and expectations are always managed;
- Keeping all records up to date in order to ensure that current assignments can be easily handed over to an appropriate colleague in times of planned or unplanned absence
- Taking on responsibility for additional assignments, which could be mid-way through the recruitment cycle to support other colleagues in times of planned or unplanned absence.
Once the brief has been taken and the service and terms agreed, the Resourcing Manager can then either resource the role themselves or work with our team of Researchers to identify suitable candidates. Ultimately the responsibility is to ensure that FJWTS fills the vacancy successfully.
- Identifying possible candidates through existing database and new channels
- Approaching possible candidates to gauge interest
- Following an agreed screening process
- Submitting shortlisted candidates’ details to Hiring Managers for consideration
- Liaising with Service Delivery team colleagues to arrange interviews, etc.
- Working flexibly around professional candidates and their availability (i.e., evenings and occasional weekends)
- Using video meetings (typically hangout, skype or facetime) to ensure candidates are always ‘met’ before they are interviewed by a client.
- Ensuring that short-listed candidates are thereafter effectively managed throughout the process with, as necessary, support calls pre each interview stage and de-briefing/providing feedback
- Handing over current assignments to an appropriate colleague in times of planned or unplanned absence that may require increased use of researchers/interviewers to ensure that the supply of quality matching candidates is not affected.
PERSON SPECIFICATION AND ESSENTIAL ATTRIBUTES
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential
- Previous experience in the specialist recruitment sector (i.e., professional membership organisations, learning providers, or an associated sector such as education, NFP) is highly desirable
- Experience in effectively juggling conflicting deadlines across multiple projects, and delivering on-time
- Process and detail-orientated, but also able to adapt/flex process as required in order to deliver commercially (without compromising overall customer satisfaction).
- Ability to prioritise activities and self-manage
- Self-motivated and keen to learn
- Ability to easily form, build and maintain effective working relationships
- Excellent communicator with an ability to adapt communication styles to suit different people and levels of interaction
- Ability to thrive and keep calm under pressure
- Competitive, and driven to ‘win’ and deliver excellence
- Able to provide recruitment, sector and role type advice to our clients and hiring managers
- Interest in keeping up to date with our sector and relevant developments
- Positive role-model internally and positive brand ambassador externally
- Personally well suited to effective homeworking, with strong self-management skills
Opportunities for future progression and development
- On-going development of recruitment and talent acquisition knowledge
- Development of line-management experience as the team grows
- Promotion to Head of Resourcing
- Proof of the right to work in the UK will be required and will be verified
- Satisfactory references must be provided (current and last employer)
- Flexibility in working hours is vital as our professional candidates typically want to video-meet/have a phone call during evenings (and occasionally weekends). The post-holder is expected to flex their working week accordingly
- Flexibility and ability to travel in London and elsewhere in the UK as necessary for client meetings
- Own laptop and phone (business-related costs will be reimbursed).
How to apply
To apply for this post please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, addressed to Fiona Wilson
Closing date: 17.00, 26 October 2017
Recruitment Process if shortlisted:
- telephone interview (biographical and competency based)
- If progressed:
- on-line personality and psychometric assessment to be completed at home
- face-to-face interview in central London, involving a presentation.