Anthony Haynes writes: This post is the second in our occasional series of reviews of blogs that we find helpful — and that we think may be of interest to our stakeholders too.
Parkside Consulting Group is a Chicago-based talent management consultancy that, according to its website, ‘uses strategic HR consulting strategies to identify the source of obstruction that is holding your company back’.
It very helpfully publishes a ‘Featured book of the month’ blog. Each post reviews a book in the area of human resources, talent management, and leadership.
Books reviewed to date include:
- Rodd Wagner, Widgets: the 12 new rules for managing your employees as if they’re real people
- Patrick Antrim, 7 talent strategies for high performing teams
- Edgar H. Schein, The corporate culture survival guide
Perhaps unsurprisingly, they haven’t managed to post a review every month — but the reviews to date have been concise and informative. As a result, I find the blog simultaneously
- alerts the reader to new reading matter
- helps the reader to keep abreast of ideas.
The blog’s published here.